Friday 8 July 2011

the long awaited dawn

I know I’m closer however to reaching a new dawn. Aurora, the morning light must be near to cresting my world’s horizon. I trust I’m closer because I am finally beginning to look again outwards with fondness towards the opposite sex. There seem to be a very rare few who can draw my attention with like-minded pursuits.

There is one whom I’ve admired in her own personal journey. She endeavors towards worthy self-discovery. For this, I admire her greatly. It was great to take her hand into mine one night and pull her into a friendly embrace after having so much time pass since our last meeting. It had been 2007 the last time I hugged her. I had lived a lifetime of experience since then and so had she. Now we were approaching a crossroads, a time of decision-making to determine our next adventures and what responsibilities to accept along the way.

We met briefly as long lost friends, but it was enough time for shared conversation, a bicycle ride through town, and a drink. It was good and new as I sat beside her in that booth. The thought of how nice it is to sit close to another person. The simple delights of a foolish boy dwelling on thoughts of holding the hand of the girl next to him. Dwelling perhaps too long on an act most would ignore, the simple act of the boy’s knee gently nudged against the girl’s leg under the table. Simple, probably nothing intended, but exciting nonetheless.

It is amazing to once again enjoy the embrace of another and feel your heart and breath meet the pace of another. It felt wonderful to hold her closely and finally touch her cheek to steal a kiss. I could have held her for hours quite happily. The embrace was blissful. I take it as a good sign that perhaps my lifeblood is ready to once again flow into my heart.

Some people you just want to pull closer to yourself. They inspire you to become a better version of yourself.